Benefits of Massage
As more and more people are discovering the benefits of massage as part of their wellbeing or training plan. Why not see how a massage treatment can benefit you?
If you have a muscle injury, sports injury, posture issues or any of type of soft tissue injury, massage can be beneficial to you.
Do you have a postural problem, sit at the desk all day! maybe you need help realigning yourself.
Maybe you just want to treat yourself to a massage and feel the benefits of a relaxation massage.
With more than 14 years of experience and a Marathon Runner, I'm sure I can help you.
Massage Has Many functions
Massage can aid in the following:
* General relaxation and release of unwanted muscle tension.
* Injury recovery.
* Reducing general aches and pains.
* Help recovery rate and help prevent injury.
For Office workers and people who exercise regularly
What can a Massage or Sports Massage do for an office worker or people who exercise?
Well the name ‘Sports Massage’ does not mean it is restricted to only in helping out sports people.
Western life these days can be very demanding on the body. We frequently find ourselves sitting for long periods, be that in the car, on the train, regular international flying with work or at the computer. Our bodies are not designed for this, thus aches, pains and tension issues can result. Also the pressure we find ourselves under easily manifests in the body’s muscles, which is why more and more people are suffering from tension headaches, bad backs, and stiff shoulders.
The Sporty/Fitness Person:
Are you a sporty person and regularly take part in events and competitions then you should really consider sports massage as part of your training schedule. No doubt you ensure you have the best equipment for you, be that the right running shoes, bike or racquet, eat the right foods to fuel your body for each event and plan your training schedule to maximize performance results whilst keeping your body in shape. Sports massage can help ensure you stay injury free in the run-up to each event by:
* Keeping a check and releasing any unwanted tension
* A thorough assessment can spot any muscle imbalances that could develop into problems, or foot biomechanics and gait (walking/running cycle) discrepancies that may develop into stresses and strains around the foot or up into the knee, hip or lower back
* Do you feel any niggles, aches or strains, sports massage can help prevent these becoming an injury
* Are you are coming back from injury then sports massage helps by working on the scar tissue to ensure it becomes supple and strong. Again surrounding muscles are checked to ensure no imbalances/ compensations have occurred as a result of the injury
Sports massage is a collection of techniques designed to meet the needs of the individual, and release excessive tension in specific muscles. A combination of massage, pressure point release, and stretch techniques can rebalance the muscles and release that feeling of tension and stiffness. It can help lighten the feeling around the head, take the strain off the back and lower those shoulders away from your ears, allowing you to feel more normal and continue with life keeping up with its pace.